Here are some requirements and recommendations in preparation for your online class.
- No experience is necessary for joining the online sessions, the sessions are open to all levels of practice. Although please ensure you have completed a Class Disclaimer Form
- Viewing Device: a desktop or laptop computer will provide the best experience, although you can also connect via a tablet or smartphone.
- Internet Connection: high-speed broadband wired or wireless is best.
- Video Conferencing: download Zoom to your computer, or install the Zoom App to your device. Download Zoom . From time to time you can check to see if you have the most up to date version of Zoom is installed by regularly restarting your device.
Guidance for joining the online class.
- The link to join the session will be sent to you via email at least 30 mins before start.
- If possible choose a room with minimal distraction and a safe clear space
- Prepare any equipment according to the type of class (yoga mat, cushion, blanket etc)
- Once ready to join the class click on the link, try and join at least 5 minutes before.
- If prompted select ‘Join with Video’. Having the camera on will allow the teacher and others to feel more connected with you.
- You may be placed in a Virtual Waiting Room, the teacher knows you are there and will let you all in once ready.
- If prompted select ‘Join with Computer Audio’ this enables you to hear the teacher
- On entering the session all microphones will automatically be set to mute in order that everyone can hear the teacher clearly without disturbance.
- You can now re-adjust your camera so you are visible to the teacher.
- To see the teacher over the full screen select ‘Speaker View’
- If you have an injury please make the teacher is aware before the session starts
- There will be an opportunity to speak to the teacher at the end of the session.
We hope you have the most wonderful practice and online class experience!